Subject: ip aliases
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Shadi Abou-Zahra <e9426418@student.tuwien.ac.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2000 12:30:59
hi all!
  to protect a small private LAN i placed a netbsd machine up front as a
router and configured ipnat and ipf. to allow the bimappings to function
properly i went ahead and aliased the router with all ips of the LAN.
ipnat handles this without any problems.
  now i have a stupid problem. i browse to our.webserver.com which is
translated by the dns server outside to 123.123.123.321 but on the packtes
way out of the router the router recognizes the ip as an alias for itself
and tries to connect to itself 123.123.123.123.
  is there a way to force the router to handle ips without me setting them
as aliases? or a different way to make it act dumb and not recognize the
aliases? or maybe bypass this by using some nat rule i don't know about on
the internal interface?

any help much apreciated!

	shadi