Subject: Re: 1) howto install on a scsi hdd, 2) howto reconfigure nic
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2000 19:28:56
> BSD/OS has this feature, and a way to put the tweaks you want in a plain
> text file read by the bootstrap.  I would love it.

Very weird.  NetBSD/pc98 has this feature; just make /etc/bootstrap.db.
Maybe I'm on the wrong list.  Are the "real" NetBSD developers aware of
what all is available in the PC98 port of NetBSD?  I notice that the
core team of NetBSD/pc98 isn't even listed on the credits page at
netbsd.org.  I've got NetBSD/pc98 running on four NEC98s of various
capabilities, and it's just been cool-running.

As a side note, I've been seeing some people on this list having trouble
getting those neat virtual terminals going, "wscons", is it.  Well, with
NetBSD/pc98 it's right in the GENERIC kernel that's initially installed.
Works like a charm.  (Never did get it to work on my "regular" baby AT.)

henry nelson