Subject: Re: 1) howto install on a scsi hdd, 2) howto reconfigure nic
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Henry Nelson <henry@irm.nara.kindai.ac.jp>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/05/2000 19:00:47
> >ide before), but boot.fs doesn't seem to find, or even probe for, the
> >scsi adapter card, Adaptec 2940U2W.
>
> None of the 789x's are supported yet, sorry.  :(  At least, not that I know

You're pulling my leg, right?  (Works fine for FreeBSD -- ahc0.)

> >I've always been used to having a chance to configure devices by pressing
> >the [space] bar, but I don't seem to get a prompt to do that with NetBSD
> >1.4.1.  I'd like to be able to reconfigure the irq for my nic card.
>
> I'm not sure what you're referring to; was this something you did with NetBSD,

I'm very new to the "regular" i386 port.  Perhaps only the NEC PC98 port
(see, e.g., http://www.nisoc.or.jp/~karl/netbsd-pc98/) has this feature?
If it isn't in the mainstream NetBSD, it sure should be.  It's great.

Anyway, is there some way to configure devices, especially irq and i/o port,
during first-time boot up?

TIA

henry nelson