Subject: Re: Problems compiling anything in /usr/src
To: None <njohnston@broadwing.com>
From: Todd Whitesel <toddpw@best.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2000 17:31:09
> I did this.  The make died a number of places - aparrently it does a 'make
> clean' first and it tried to delete a number of files that were actually
> directories.  I think it thought they were binaries.  Here are the ones I
> remember:
>
> /usr/src/usr.sbin/mrouted/mrouted/
> /usr/src/gnu/usr/bin/gdb/gdb/
> /usr/src/gnu/gnu/usr.bin/grep/grep/

I believe this is a symptom of doing a CVS checkout without -P.
Those directories existed in much older versions of netbsd, and
CVS is weird about old directories, you have to use -P so it
cleans them up.

Not sure what the tarball problem is, unless you extracted those into
the same source tree without removing it first.

Todd Whitesel
toddpw @ best.com