Subject: Re: Installing NetBSD on a system that has LILO
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Paul Hoffman <phoffman@proper.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/04/2000 15:32:02
At 09:34 PM 2/4/00 +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>This also assume you don't have other bootable disks in your machine.
>Some boot manager can boot a another disk (I believe the NetBSD one can
>do this).
>In this context, even if there's only NetBSD on *this* disk, it's not always
>appropriate to overwrite the boot code.

Good point. However, it is certainly not appropriate to leave a useless
boot manager on the only disk in the system. :-) I propose that, if the
user has indicated that NetBSD gets the whole disk, that a follow-on
question come up, along the lines of "do you want NetBSD's boot loader
added to that system (probably answer yes unless there are other bootable
disks in this system)".