Subject: mysterius autorepeat, with wscons
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.org>
From: Bernd Salbrechter <bernd@mycity.at>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 02/03/2000 23:50:13
Hi all!

After the upgrade my 586 laptop from 1.3.1 to 1.4.2, which changes the
console-driver to wscons, I had a nasty problem.

Sometimes the last pressed key is repeated as I still press it. It
lock like wscons doesn't recognize the release of the key. The
autorepeat stops, if I press any key and release it. I have only
disabled the green kernel messages in GENERIC, otherwise the wscons
options are untouched. I didn't had that phenomena on my 486 tower.

If this is not a known problem, can I activate some kernel traces
to find out more about it, or are there other thingth I can do to
help you to find it?

An other observation I made is that me PCMCIA Ethernet card (ne)
get an different interrupt and doesn't "ifconfig(0)" right if I leave
it in "/etc/ifconfig.ne0", but I got it work by setting
  > auto_ifconfig=NO
  > net_interfaces="ne0"
in "rc.conf".

BTW. Has someone also problems with the vt220 emulation, which is
set in "/etc/ttys" by default. I have changed it to vt100, because
"more(1)" writes all in the last line, which is not very helpful.
I have "MORE=-s" in my environment.

have a nice day
Bernd Salbrechter