Subject: Re: GNU binutils 2.9.1 (was gcc-2.95.2 gcj)
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Anders Dinsen <anders@dinsen.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/31/1999 00:17:45
On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Anders Dinsen wrote:
>
> > Still trying to get gcj running: It seems (from FAQ and bug reports) that
> > it requires the newest version of GNU ld (theres actually a bug reported
> > very similar to mine), so I am trying to compile GNU binutil 2.9.1. It
> > will not, however!
>
> You might try the cross/binutils package. That will get you gnu ld,
> at least.

Thanks! It builds - if I specify EXTRACT_USING_PAX=yes to make! If not,
tar complains that it cannot open '-X' and that it cannot open the exclude
file either. Is this a bug? I could'nt spot it however (how do you force
make to print the commands it is executing? -dA does not).

I'm running 1.4.1 with pkgsrc from the distribution.

> > ... still hoping that an expert will see this after newyear!
>
> Maybe none of the experts use java...
> :/

No, maybe they are'nt! ;-) It *is* an interesting tool though, gcj.

--
Anders Dinsen
anders@dinsen.net