Subject: Re: php3: configuration
To: Pierre Bourgin <Pierre.Bourgin@lip6.fr>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/1999 23:20:19
Pierre Bourgin wrote
>  > I am running a apache webserver and now built php-3.0.7 using the
>  > packages collection. Now I've difficulties in figuring out how to
>  > configure it in view to run as an cgi-engine.
>
> which apache ? From package collection ?

Correct... apache-1.3.6p0

>  > It was thought that an entry in httpd.conf with the following line is all
>  > that is needed...
>  >
>  > AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
>  >
>  > After restarting the server, everytime I am trying to access any of
>  > the *.php3 pages my browser prompts me with a download requester.
>  >
>  > Any clues of what I am doing wrong? It was suppose to be very easy...
>  > ;)
>
> on my side, we use:
>
> apache-1.3.6p0      The Apache web server (http://www.apache.org/)
> php-3.0.7           PHP3 HTML-embedded programming language with
>                         database connectivity
> ap-php-3.0.7        PHP3 server module for Apache
>
> So apache-1.3.6p0 (built with module feature in package
> collection), the php-3.0.7 engine and the php' apache module
> (ap-php-3.0.7).
>
> So perhaps you did not install ap-php-3.0.7 ?

This is correct too... I didn't think that it was neccessary to
install ap-php-3.0.7 since I wanted to run php as a cgi-engine. This
was the impression I've got from all the FAQ's and the mailing lists
I've scanned through... but then I may be mistaken.

> If you already installed it, you must have:
>
> $ cat /usr/pkg/etc/php3.ini
>
> #       $NetBSD: php3.ini.example,v 1.1 1999/05/03 21:35:06 tv Exp $
> extension_dir=/usr/pkg/lib/php3
> extension=mysql.so
>
> $ grep -i php /usr/pkg/etc/httpd.conf
>
> httpd.conf:AddModule mod_php3.c
> httpd.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
> httpd.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps
>
> Hope this help,

I'm sure it does, will go back and built the the php3 module.

Thanks for your help

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes