Subject: Re: php3: configuration
To: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
From: Pierre Bourgin <Pierre.Bourgin@lip6.fr>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/1999 13:44:00
On Thu, 30 Dec 1999, Berndt Josef Wulf wrote:

 > G'day,
 >
 > I am running a apache webserver and now built php-3.0.7 using the
 > packages collection. Now I've difficulties in figuring out how to
 > configure it in view to run as an cgi-engine.

which apache ? From package collection ?

 > It was thought that an entry in httpd.conf with the following line is all
 > that is needed...
 >
 > AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
 >
 > After restarting the server, everytime I am trying to access any of
 > the *.php3 pages my browser prompts me with a download requester.
 >
 > Any clues of what I am doing wrong? It was suppose to be very easy...
 > ;)

on my side, we use:

apache-1.3.6p0      The Apache web server (http://www.apache.org/)
php-3.0.7           PHP3 HTML-embedded programming language with
                        database connectivity
ap-php-3.0.7        PHP3 server module for Apache

So apache-1.3.6p0 (built with module feature in package
collection), the php-3.0.7 engine and the php' apache module
(ap-php-3.0.7).

So perhaps you did not install ap-php-3.0.7 ?

If you already installed it, you must have:

$ cat /usr/pkg/etc/php3.ini

#       $NetBSD: php3.ini.example,v 1.1 1999/05/03 21:35:06 tv Exp $
extension_dir=/usr/pkg/lib/php3
extension=mysql.so

$ grep -i php /usr/pkg/etc/httpd.conf

httpd.conf:AddModule mod_php3.c
httpd.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php3 .php3
httpd.conf:AddType application/x-httpd-php3-source .phps

Hope this help,

Pierre Bourgin
--
Pierre Bourgin         http://www-rp.lip6.fr/~bourgin
Laboratoire d'Informatique de Paris 6 (LIP6)