Subject: Re: Generic Question
To: Kevin McCarthy <klmhq@ih2000.net>
From: Berndt Josef Wulf <wulf@ping.net.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/30/1999 01:00:13
Kevin McCarthy wrote
> Does NetBSD support multiple terminals (like Linux does)?
>
> If so, how do I change between terminals (from the command line, I
> haven't started X yet)?
>
> Another thing, do dameons show up in the job list?  The reason I ask is
> that I've gotten pppd to run properly, but it is hard to tell if it has
> shutdown.

a.)

You will have to edit rc.conf and change the line containing wscons to

wscons=YES              wscons_flags=""

This will run rc.wscons on next bootup. You also need to check the
/etc/ttys and make sure that the terminals are enabled.

ttyE0   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE1   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE2   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure
ttyE3   "/usr/libexec/getty Pc"         vt220   on secure

b.)

Issuing the following command will display the process running pppd

ps ax | grep pppd

I've made the following alias which make it a little easier on the
typing... ;)

alias show 'ps auxww | grep '

With this just type

show pppd

Add this command line into your .cshrc file if you like.

Hope this helps

cheerio Berndt
--
Name    : Berndt Josef Wulf            | +++ With BSD on Packet Radio +++
E-Mail  : wulf@ping.net.au             |    tfkiss, tnt, dpbox, wampes