Subject: RE: Problems with Netscape.
To: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
From: Laine Stump <lainestump@rcn.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/1999 16:11:34
At 02:31 PM 12/27/99 -0600, John A. Maier wrote:
>Maybe The netscape Linux bin work okay as non-root under -current but not
>1.4.1 release?  Just a shot in the dark.

I can't remember any more if I ever had 1.4.1 installed, but I do remember
for certain that I had the Linux NetScape of the time (forget the version
number now) installed on 1.4 and it worked just fine. So either something
got broken on the way to 1.4.1, or else there is something "different"
about your configuration. It may be better in the long run to figure that out.

(I do know the frustration of not being able to run something that everyone
else can run - I'm still unable to get StarOffice to install on my -current
system - its setup churns away for about 20 seconds, then just exits with
no message and no coredump. And when I look at the (> 100MB) ktrace file,
nothing jumps out and grabs me...)