Subject: RE: Problems with Netscape.
To: netbsd-help@netbsd.org <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: John A. Maier <johnam@kemper.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/27/1999 14:31:00
> Do the Linux plugins (realaudio, flash) work properly with
> the BSDI binary?
Don't know

> As another datapoint, I have no problems with the Linux Netscape (4.61
> running on last week's -current with X binaries and libraries
> from last
> summer).
Maybe The netscape Linux bin work okay as non-root under -current but not
1.4.1 release?  Just a shot in the dark.

It seems to me the pkg should allow a choice of either the BSDI version
or Linux version.  There could be a navigator-linux pkg and a
navigator-bsdi pkg.

Lets say the realaudio and/or flash plugins don't work under
netscape-BSDI, in my case, and I'm sure in others, I don't care!  I want
a working browser and am willing to give-up said fuctionality.

Just a thought.

Have a Happy New Year!

John A. Maier
Kemper Military School and College