Subject: Re: Interesting console message:
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Zach Fine <zach@xdsl014.serv.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/23/1999 15:41:05
    Manuel> "device fault", this is definitively a disk error. Maybe

But wouldn't the 'lost interrupt type' and 'Bus-Master DMA error'
messages imply something along the lines of a device conflict? Or are
they messages that show up along with disk errors?

I'm hoping to resolve this somehow. I'd like to preserve the data from
this disk, and if the issue is one relating to a bad secondary ide
controller or some conflict with that controller, I'd thought that
maybe I could mount the drive on a different NetBSD box which doesn't
have this problem and tar up all the data. If the problem is with the
disk itself, this approach wouldn't make any sense.

Thanks for the help though. I think I'll just try copying the data to
another disk and see if it works.

-Zach Fine
czyz@serv.net