Subject: Re: I don'see where is my CDROM for mounting it?
To: Richard PLOIX <richard.ploix@fr.adp.com>
From: Ted Lemon <mellon@isc.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/14/1999 11:39:00
> My CDROM is ok and seeing by Windows 95, it is on target 5, logic
> unit 0, it is a NEC CD-ROM DRIVE:462.

I don't think we saw that in your dmesg output, so I'd suggest that
there's something wrong with your SCSI chain that's not showing up on
Win95 (which AFAIK demands a lot less out of its SCSI bus than does
NetBSD).   One thing you may want to try is to make sure that you
actually power cycle the machine when dropping out of Windows into
NetBSD - I have had problems with Windows leaving the machine in a
state which is not cleared by the BIOS, and which prevents NetBSD from
properly probing all its devices.   Failing that, make sure only one
drive on the SCSI bus is terminated, and make sure your SCSI cables
are good.

			       _MelloN_