Subject: Re: pkg_install package
To: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/09/1999 18:07:21
> Hi. I'm trying to install the packages I downloaded from the net, but
> pkg_add says it requires the new version. Fine, I say, except for the
> fact I cannot seem to find the pkg_install package anywhere in
> ftp.netbsd.org! Where am I wrong?

Do you have the /usr/pkgsrc on your system?
A new version of pkg you can optain to go to:
/usr/pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkg_install (this way you'll build a new version of
pkg_install) which indeed some packages require.

If you aint got the /usr/pkgsrc dir, download the pkgsrc.tar.gz from the
netbsd site or a mirror. Is this what you needed to know?
Hope it help a bit.
Bye,

Reinoud.