Subject: Re: Netatalk vs. Hp DeskWriter 560C
To: Paul Sander <paul@wakawaka.com>
From: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 12/05/1999 23:14:55
At 14:17 Uhr +0100 05.12.1999, Paul Sander wrote:
>hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE wrote:

>>-- during said nights, I sync'ed the pap man page with reality, so I cannot
>>tell if this is listed in the original manpage. I really should wrap up my
>>changes and submit them to asun...
>
>The -E option seems to be exactly what I need.

Great!

>It's not documented in the man pages distributed with the system.  That
>might have changed in v1.4.1, but I have not yet gotten around to upgrading.

That's not a question of 1.4.1 as in "NetBSD 1.4.1" -- pap comes with Netatalk.

Back when I dived into pap.c I found that only about half of the options it
takes are actually listed in pap.1, with comments that were less than
clear. Still, its author was quite generous with abusive language against
some printers' understanding of the pap protocol.

Reminds me of the "You point to somebody else and three fingers of your
hand point back to you" sentence I learned in Kindergarten...

	hauke