Subject: Re: tekram DC390 does not find netbsd :-(
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/30/1999 16:41:01
> From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>

> Actually your BIOS geometry and partition infos don't match.
> (partition ends at head 255/sect63 but you only have 64 head and 32 sects
> ???).
You should at last adjust this (or let fdisk do it: just start fdisk
> -u sd0,
> say you want to change partition 3 and press enter to accept default
> values).

Hm. The original values came from the sysinst. Here is what I did to make it work:

1) Went to the dealer asking him to swap the tekram with adaptec (but he had
none today)
2) Plugged it in again, removed all DOS options in the SCSI-Bios
3) Low-level formated the disk
4) Installed NetBSD from the Install Disk als always before.
5) rebooted. works....

*grrr*

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION