Subject: accessing other partitions from 1.4.1/i386
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Technolord <l.raiser@deathsdoor.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/30/1999 13:18:58
Hello.
I just re-installed 1.4.1/i386 (X wasn't willing to work in any possible
way, and some more) with repartitioning (460M for '/', 40M for swap). I
installed from the netbsd CD I got from the net, and no errors were
reported at all.
Then (just after installation completion and no configuration file
modified) I tried to read the other partitions with mbrlabel wd0 as
root. After doing that, no other command did work at all: any issued
command like {fdisk, disklabel, man, pwd} caused the return to the login
prompt (!!!) with no apparent cause. One time it started giving me core
dumps and "wrong parameter for <any_issued_command", one other time it
went debug mode with some kind of consistency error, and anoter time it
just crashed. I rebooted so many times I hardcy can count them.
Any help would be VERY appreciated.