Subject: ANS and NSS-LDAP support for NetBSD :-)
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Aris Theocharides <aris@PADL.COM>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/29/1999 03:49:20
The driver seems to be working on OpenBSD, where they've added
support for big-endian systems. A cursory inspection reveals that
at least cosmetically, the OpenBSD driver is based on the current
NetBSD driver.

My attempts to merge the driver into NetBSD didn't go so well though.

For the moment, these machines can only run AIX, or Linux, and both are
not exactly my cup of tea (for the intended use of this machine that is).

Do you know how I would go about suggesting/requesting/pleading that someone
more knowledgeable than myself might have a look at adding support for the
53c825 SCSI controller into the NetBSD kernel?

(I can offer that if I get this machine running, I can look to porting
PADL's NSS LDAP module on NetBSD - I don't know if anyone has already done
that yet - the code is open source in any case).

A.

--
dn: uid=aris,ou=People,dc=PADL,dc=COM
o: PADL Software Pty Ltd