Subject: Setting up my system
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Wayne Burgess <wburgess@fun.org.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/28/1999 23:48:47
I would like to say thank you for the reply Manuel:)

OK as I said in my first mail to this mailing list, I am new to NETBSD. I do
know some of the basic Unix commands like ls, cp, mv and so on as this is my
job as a junir administrator. But to learn more I would like to set my
machine up at home and  and confiure it. I have the man pages I know, but
sometimes find it hard to understand them, coming from windows I am sure you
will understand.

My aim is to install samba, install a web server, connect my NT server box
to it and learn Unix administration. So to start with I have installed
netbsd, using the installation instruction from the BSD site. when I login
as root (which I will change) it keep on asking me for my terminal how do I
get it to store vt220 so it does not ask me every time I login.

Most of all how do I install packets that I have downloaded from the net.

wayne