Subject: Re: 3Com 3C905C..
To: Ulvi Cemal Bucak <ucbucak@oakland.edu>
From: Frank van der Linden <frank@wins.uva.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/25/1999 01:51:49
On Wed, Nov 24, 1999 at 01:11:49PM -0500, Ulvi Cemal Bucak wrote:
> I urgently need to setup three netbsd 1.4.1 systems for our ongoing
> ATM-related project. I'd like to make certain if my current ethernet
> card, "3Com 3C905C-TX" is supported by NetBSD or not? I couldn't make
> the system recognize this card..
> If not suppported, is it likely that the driver for this card will be
> avaliable in the very near future?

Although it belongs to the same family as the 905B cards, the 905C
is not recognized by the driver for these cards ('ex'), because it
has a different PCI id. This will be fixed in the upcoming 1.4.2
release.

If you need it urgently, I can send you a simple patch which will
make the 905C card be recognized.

- Frank