Subject: RE: pagedaemon panic
To: James T. Nelson <jnelson@wiai.com>
From: Matthew Orgass <darkstar@pgh.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/1999 13:26:47
On Mon, 15 Nov 1999, James T. Nelson wrote:

> If this is a real bug, and not a system set up problem, I would expect
> the problem to be common.

  Unless you do something very strange it should not be possible to panic
the system.

> I have submitted a bug report.  However, I have never used the reporting
> procedure before, so I am not sure it got through.

  I don't see it.  I did find port-i386/7996 wich appears to be the same
thing.  Someone is looking into the problem, so if you could make a core
dump available and send mail to gnats-bugs@netbsd.org with subject
port-i386/7996 it would probably help tracking it down.  There was one
such bug in 1.4 that was fixed, but if you are experiencing it in 1.4.1
then there would appear to be another.

Matthew Orgass
darkstar@pgh.net