Subject: RE: pagedaemon panic
To: , <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
From: James T. Nelson <jnelson@wiai.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/15/1999 08:33:32
I had been running NetBSD1.4.1 for several weeks, using a 4Gig Seagate
Barracuda Drive on the same system.  As I recall, I got a few crashes of
sorts when using the package source procedure to download, compile, and
install various packages.  Recently, I transferred the system to the current
drive, which is a 4Gig Medalist Drive.  The drive was already installed with
1.4.1, and I simply copied the etc, usr, and home directories.  Everything
works well, except for this problem.  I am not sure whether it is a bug or
simply user error in setting up the system.  Hence, my query regarding the
experience of others.  If this is a real bug, and not a system set up
problem, I would expect the problem to be common.

I have submitted a bug report.  However, I have never used the reporting
procedure before, so I am not sure it got through.

Jim Nelson