Subject: pagedaemon panic
To: netbsd-help <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: James Tuman Nelson <jimtnelson@earthlink.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/14/1999 21:27:56
I have been getting a repeatable crash with the following message:

     panic:  pagedaemon:  clean anon page without backing store?

     Stopped at pagedaemon at Debugger+0x4: leave.

I get this error when running printing several graphics with gnuplot, using
the apsfilter package, which involve generatign postscript files, and
ghostscript output to the printer.

I also got this crash when running a batch job and simultaneously compiling
and linking a fortran code.

The only way out is to "reboot" or "continue" at which point the cores are
dumped and the system reboots.

I am running NetBSD-1.4.1/i386 on a 133 MHz Pentium with 16 Meg RAM and a
Seagate 4Gig drive, with an Adaptec 2940UW.

Swap space is set to 66MegByte.

There is plenty of disk space.

Question:  Have other gotten this panic crash?  Is it a bug in 1.4.1?

Jim Nelson