Subject: Re: Quick Question
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang@wsrcc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/11/1999 21:20:26
> I am of the general opinion that BSD family stuff is superior, as a server,
> to Linux.  YMMV.

Actually this brings up a really good point.  I know that FreeBSD runs
ftp.cdrom.com which is currently configured to limit the number of
users at 5,000 (yes that is not a typo - 5k simultaneous ftp users).
This is on what appears to be a very slightly above average x86 (500
Mhz Xeon, 4 Gigs memory, 500 Gigs disk).

Does anyone know if there is a similar NetBSD machine anywhere?  There
is nothing like trial-by-fire to harden an OS.

-wolfgang
--
       Wolfgang Rupprecht <wolfgang+gnus@dailyplanet.wsrcc.com>
		    http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/