Subject: Re: Quick Question
To: UEBAYASHI 'UMA' Masao <masao@nf.enveng.titech.ac.jp>
From: binaryz <binaryz@yahoo.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/11/1999 18:26:00
I've used Slackware (started with it), Redhat (current
Linux system) and at one point tried Manderin (sp?).

As far as what I want, well it won't be a "desktop"
OS.  I'm looking for a good web/ftp server.  Basically
I'm supposed to find the best OS to run  Apache/mySQL
on.  I was planning to use Linux, until I heard Yahoo!
uses FreeBSD, so I thought I'd look into it, and here
I am stuck with 3 different versions of BSD :)
So far I've installed OpenBSD (which btw is a pain to
install, IMHO).  FreeBSD is having network problems
getting to the FTP site and I just found this NetBSD
site so I thought I'd check this one; sounds more
network oriented :)

Thanks again!

--- UEBAYASHI 'UMA' Masao
<masao@nf.enveng.titech.ac.jp> wrote:
> > I've been using Linux for over 2 years and wanted
> > get into other UNIX flavour but I can't decide
> which
> > BSD to use or what the differences are (if any!).
>
> What kinda Linux distribution have you used?
> What do you want???
>
> Masao
>
> ---
> At last my signature can be internationalized! LOL
>
>      |-
>     _|_
>
>   -|- -|-
>   /|\ /|\

=====
- "The future masters of technology will have to be lighthearted and intelligent.  The machine easily masters the grim and the dumb."     Marshall McLuhan, 1969