Subject: Re: CVSup
To: UEBAYASHI Masao <masao@nf.enveng.titech.ac.jp>
From: Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/11/1999 22:02:47
On Thu, 11 Nov 1999 10:05:44 +0900  UEBAYASHI Masao wrote:

> After all, is CVSup available for NetBSD?
> How about in the future???

It isn't available, and isn't particularly likely to be available in
the future.  The archives will have the discussion about this; some
people were concerned because there is no Modula 3 port to all NetBSD
architectures.  (Opportunity for someone ... :-)

You can use rsync to obtain the CVS tree.  There should be something
on the web site, but I'm not sure if there is; I learnt about it from
one of the mailing lists.

The command I use to update occasionally is:

   rsync -av --delete rsync://sup.netbsd.org/anoncvs /a/NetBSD/ANONCVS

Whether you should add the 'z' option for compression or not I don't
know.  It will use more CPU on the server, but less bandwidth.

Regards,

Giles