Subject: Re: crash-problem
To: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>
From: David Wetzel <dave@turbocat.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 11/02/1999 19:43:00
> From: Simon Burge <simonb@netbsd.org>

> Hmm, it shouldn't die like that though.  How much physical memory and
> swap space do you have, and how long does it take to die?

dave@alice>dmesg | grep 'real mem'
real mem  = 133824512

dave@alice>swapctl -lk
Device      1K-blocks     Used    Avail Capacity  Priority
/dev/sd1a      205078        4   205074     0%    0

It dies fast. In less than 2 minutes. I do not want to try this again.

> In your case David:
>
> 	strings Kurs.db | grep creationDate | wc -l

dave@alice>strings Kurs.db | grep creationDate | wc -l

  852144

ok.

---
   _  _
 _(_)(_)_  David Wetzel, Turbocat's Development,
(_) __ (_) Buchhorster Strasse, D-16567 Muehlenbeck/Berlin, FRG,
  _/  \_   Fax +49 33056 82835 NeXTmail dave@turbocat.de
 (______)  http://www.turbocat.de/
           DEVELOPMENT * CONSULTING * ADMINISTRATION