Subject: Re: weird error from kernel
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Michael C. Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/28/1999 11:14:33
    Michael> Can anyone tell me what this means?

    Michael> lox /netbsd: vflushbuf: dirty: type VBLK, usecount 15,
    Michael> writecount 0, refcount 10, lox /netbsd: tag VT_UFS, ino 5888, on
    Michael> dev 0, 0

  Some short period later it crashed again. I enabled savecore, and got the
stuff below. The machine is a P75 with 32Mb ram. It has a 1.6Gb and a 6Gb
drive. fsck seems to clean some files after each reboot from /var, but
other than that the file systems are sane.
  The machine seems much slower after the most recent reboots, but may
just be the load of email coming in after downtime. It is behind a firewall.

(gdb) target kcore netbsd.0.core
panic: vrele: ref cnt
#0  0xf014d159 in vput ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0xf014d159 in vput ()
#1  0xf01e1d5b in cpu_reboot ()
#2  0xf0135b69 in panic ()
#3  0xf014d1b8 in vrele ()
#4  0xf0151f8f in rename_files ()
#5  0xf0151bb5 in sys_rename ()
#6  0xf01eb9ca in syscall ()

  (I got far more details from the kernel debugger)

   :!mcr!:            |  Cow#1: Are you worried about getting Mad Cow Disease?
   Michael Richardson |  Cow#2: No. I'm a duck.
 Home: mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca. PGP key available.