Subject: Netscape Communicator & NetBSD...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Brian Stark <bstark@siemens-psc.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1999 15:17:05
Hello,

Does anyone have Netscape Communicator 4.7 running on NetBSD 1.4.1/i386?
I would like to get Communicator running on my system but each time I have
tried getting what is in the package system (4.51) to run it never does.

Also, does it matter what platform version of Communicator I try to
run? I know NetBSD supports emulation for some other operating systems,
and checking the information at netscape.com shows versions available
for Linux 2.0, Linux 2.0 (glibc), Solaris, BSDI, and FreeBSD among
others.

Has anyone determined if the software for one of these platforms is
better and/or more stable than the rest?

Thanks,

Brian

| Brian Stark                       | Internet : bstark@siemens-psc.com |
| Siemens PT&D, Inc.                | Voice    : +1 612 536-4697        |
| Power Systems Control Division    | Fax      : +1 612 536-4919        |
| 7225 Northland Drive, Brooklyn Park, Minnesota 55428   USA            |