Subject: Re: kernel.
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/20/1999 11:37:28
On Wed, 20 Oct 1999, David Brownlee wrote:

>>     Reinoud> I heared that "the hurt" is comming with a micro kernel.
>>
>>   it "Hurd"
>>   At 600K+, it stretches the definition of "micro"
>>
>	Don't look at NT then, it describes itself as a microkernel, yet
>	its 'microkernel' part is larger than the entire NetBSD kernel
>	plus X server.

I should think that most of the people on this list would be highly
delighted if they never, ever had to look at NT at all.  :-)

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |