Subject: Re: IPF/NAT with multiple PPP
To: Frederick Bruckman <fb@enteract.com>
From: Rex McMaster <rmcm@compsoft.com.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/14/1999 07:41:52
Thanks, I am using the same /etc/rc.conf method, but without demand -
they ar permanent connections. It is the "fault situations" that I am
trying to plan for - line faults, pppd dropouts etc - which occur over
long periods of unattended uptime. As I see it at the moment, a
monitor to maintain a set of pppd processes would have to start them
in a specific order to get the unit number allocations right. This is
turn makes later pppd processes dependent on earlier connections being
established.

Rex McMaster                            rmcm@compsoft.com.au
                                   rex@mcmaster.wattle.id.au
     PGP Public key: http://www.compsoft.com.au/~rmcm/pgp-pk