Subject: Re: Cross-Compiling
To: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
From: Jimmy Kaplowitz <jkaplowitz@softhome.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/01/1999 21:32:40
I seem to have BSD make installed already, as "pmake".

Is there a way I can get just what I need, rather than the whole base set?
The i386 binary base.tgz is about 11 MB! And since Linux != NetBSD, I'd
probably need to get the source, which is probably larger. I don't have
the NetBSD CD available, since I borrowed it from another user. Therefore,
I would have to download it over my slow 33.6kbps connection. If I have
to, I will, but is there a way to pick and choose, and get just what I
need to compile? (The reason I'm doing all of this is to get ghostscript
running on my BSD box. There may be an easier way in this case, but I'd
like to get cross-compiling working anyway.) Thanks in advance for any
time saved.