Subject: Re: Help with Taylor UUCP 1.06.1
To: Phil C <pchampon@sefl.satelnet.org>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 10/01/1999 13:14:02
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Phil C wrote:

> Ok, I did this... But I have now tried version of uucico, the version that
> came with NetBSD 1.4.1 and GNU's ... *all* of them tell me:
>
> uucico: mkdir ('/var/spool/uucp'): No such file or directory
>
> if I do not use the mkdir that comes with UUCP or:
>
> uucico: mkdir ('/var/spool/uucp'): Permission denied
>
> regardless of the permissions, with the version of mkdir that comes with UUCP.

Are you sure you're installing uucico with the correct permissions,
including proper ownership and the suid/sgid bits? In a standard
NetBSD install, /usr/libexec/uucp/uucico is setuid and owned by
uucp.

What happened to the UUCP that was already installed on your system
when you installed NetBSD, BTW?

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   917 532 4208   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.