Subject: Re: mouse config solved
To: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
From: George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/1999 20:22:30
On Mon, 27 Sep 1999, Christoph Badura wrote:

> Date: Mon, 27 Sep 1999 20:16:06 +0200 (MET DST)
> From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
> To: gsollish@mail.gisco.net
> Newsgroups: hanse-ml.netbsd.help
> Subject: Re: mouse config solved
>

> >Thanks to Matthew Orgass and Reinoud Koornstra for pointing me in the
> >right direction.  I've now got X running.
>
> It would have been nice if you documented how you solved the problem.
> That way, users searching the mail archives would benefit too.
>
> --
> Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

Christoph is quite right and I apologize for not posting back the
solution, but at the time it seemed so obvious that I couldn't believe I
missed it.

I checked the com port and connected to /dev/tty00 using the Mouseman
protocol.  I wasn't thinking 'serial mouse = serial port'.  A lesson for
those of us using older hardware.

George