Subject: Re: (fwd) crunchgen/dhclient
To: None <hubert.feyrer@rz.uni-regensburg.de>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/25/1999 18:54:09
Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> > Have any of you managed to get dhclient into the ramdisk of an install
> > floppy? (aim was: put new entry in dhcp server, boot up with modified
> > install disk, dhclient, nfs mount favourite NetBSD repository, untar base etc)
>
> I haven't tried this (well, I have... TRIED), and ended up in hacking the
> boot_dhcp code in the kernel do only ifconfig the interface via dhcp, but
> continue booting from floppy.
>
> The code is at http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/kifconfig.tgz, if you want to
> have a look.

% ftp http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/kifconfig.tgz
Requesting http://www.feyrer.de/Misc/kifconfig.tgz
ftp: Error retrieving file - `404 Not Found'

:(

However, in the meantime in i386/floppies/ramdisk, I have a file called
keepme, containing

bootp
cleanup
commit_leases
cur_time
dhcp
local_port
log_perror
log_priority
write_lease

and added to ramdiskbin.conf

progs dhclient
special dhclient srcdir usr.sbin/dhcp/client

and added /usr/src/usr.sbin/dhcp/common/obj/libdhcp.a to the libs line.

Then, after a make, editing the line in obj/ramdiskbin.mk from
        crunchide -k _crunched_dhclient_stub dhclient.cro
        crunchide -k _crunched_dhclient_stub -f ../keepme dhclient.cro

a further make seems to do the trick... (Oh yes, and the LINK in list)

Cheers,

Patrick