Subject: Re: crunchgen/dhclient
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/23/1999 20:05:26
Christos Zoulas wrote:

> In article <E11UB4c-0005qK-00@quartz.newn.cam.ac.uk>,
> Patrick Welche <prlw1@cam.ac.uk> wrote:
> >Have any of you managed to get dhclient into the ramdisk of an install
> >floppy? (aim was: put new entry in dhcp server, boot up with modified
> >install disk, dhclient, nfs mount favourite NetBSD repository, untar base etc)
> >
> >Problem: I tried adding the following to ramdisk/ramdiskbin.conf

> >progs dhclient
> >special dhclient srcdir usr.sbin/dhcp/client
> >libs libhack.o -lbz2 -ledit -lutil -lcurses -ltermcap -lrmt -lipsec -lcrypt -ll
> >-lm /usr/src/usr.sbin/dhcp/common/obj/libdhcp.a
> >

> You probably want to add libdhcp.a before the rest of the libraries.

I changed the libs line to

libs libhack.o /usr/src/usr.sbin/dhcp/common/obj/libdhcp.a -lbz2 -ledit -lutil -lcurses -ltermcap -lrmt -lipsec -lcrypt -ll -lm

but still get eg.:

sysconf.o(.text+0xd6): undefined reference to `cur_time'

sysconf.o:
         U add_protocol
         U add_timeout
         U close
         U connect
         U cur_time
00000004 C domains

00000120 B _$$hide$$ dhclient.cro cur_time

What does the _$$hide$$ mean? Does it imply that it won't be seen outside
of dhclient.o?

Cheers,

Patrick