Subject: crunchgen/dhclient
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/23/1999 16:46:18
Have any of you managed to get dhclient into the ramdisk of an install
floppy? (aim was: put new entry in dhcp server, boot up with modified
install disk, dhclient, nfs mount favourite NetBSD repository, untar base etc)

Problem: I tried adding the following to ramdisk/ramdiskbin.conf

progs dhclient
special dhclient srcdir usr.sbin/dhcp/client
libs libhack.o -lbz2 -ledit -lutil -lcurses -ltermcap -lrmt -lipsec -lcrypt -ll
-lm /usr/src/usr.sbin/dhcp/common/obj/libdhcp.a

but I get things like

sysconf.o(.text+0xd6): undefined reference to `cur_time'

(sysconf.o is in libdhcp.a)

yet in includes/dhcpd.h:extern TIME cur_time;
in common/sysconf.c:#include "dhcpd.h"
and in client/dhclient.c:TIME cur_time;

so I would have thought it is all there. BTW I see that in the sysinst
TODO file there is

        -- Use bootp or dhcp to get network info (hostname, domain name,
           name servers, ...)

:-)

Cheers,

Patrick