Subject: Re: samba printing on NetBSD 1.4.1
To: Scott Presnell <srp@zgi.com>
From: Tom Harvey <tah@san.rr.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/22/1999 20:57:22
At 07:21 AM 9/22/99 -0700, Scott Presnell wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>	I recently set up a samba server 2.0.5a on a NetBSD 1.4.1 box.
>I have (I think) a very simple setup: one share and one printer. ...
>
>I can see the printer in the win95 Network Neighborhood, but when I try to
>print a test page, I get "windows cannot find the printer" on the Win95 side,
>and nothing on the samba side. ...

i couldn't get samba printing to work with an epson stylus, with symptoms
roughly the same as yours, until i discovered an epson spool manager setup
check box saying "Use Print Manger for this port", meaning use the regular
win95 print manager instead of an epson replacement, which was not checked
by default.

i don't know anything about canon win95 printer software but you might want
to check and see if there is a similar setup option.

if this doesn't get you anywhere, and if you have a second micros~1 machine
available to you, you could try a sanity check: see if you can print to the
other machine without intalling any canon print driver or spooler on it.