Subject: Re: Syslogd
To: Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk>
From: Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/1999 00:10:58
Thanks for the answer....
But will be less logged now adding the -s option?
What consequenses will it have?

In general...........
What is logged all? I mean, when ppl try to scan my machine with
nmap...... will that be logged? And if not.. how can i log that?
I want all actions from outside logged if possible.
FOr example if just a user logs in on my machine, i want a message on my
screen that that and that user logged on.
That only happens when someone tries to be root on your machine and stuff
like that. Then you get messages on your screen.
But is it possible that from any action from outside you'll get messages
on your screen or begin logged?
In what log files is can i find what?
Bye,

Reinoud.