Subject: ethernet frame errors
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Danny Thomas <D.Thomas@vthrc.uq.edu.au>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/16/1999 01:10:52
I'm not sure they represent a problem on the network and may simply
represent a bad NIC, but I've been asked to try and track down frame errors
on a segment of our ethernet, as reported by the SNMP counters on a port on
our switch. There seems to be bursts of frame errors maybe once or twice a
week, normally out of hours. Frame errors account for about 1% of total
packets.

I think most ethernet chips normally drop, but count, bad packets.
Is there a way to capture/inspect these packets?
(I'm hoping the src address will be useful)

cheers,
Danny Thomas