Subject: Re: Problem with turning of some daemons.....
To: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
From: David Maxwell <david@fundy.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/1999 11:18:48
On Wed, Sep 15, 1999 at 12:37:28AM +0200, Christoph Badura wrote:
> david@fundy.ca (David Maxwell) writes:
>
> >I've been seeing some strange behaviour since 1.4, where turning off
> >portmap will:
>
> >disable inetd (on a 1.4.1 upgrade from 1.3) - inetd runs, but doesn't answer
>
> >not allow itself to be restarted (on 1.4 upgrade from 1.3.3)
>
> That's (mostly) unrelated to this thread.  You forgot to turn off the
> RPC based services in inetd.conf.

True, but I think the behaviour changed sometime. Used to be the non-rpc
services still worked, now they don't. I'll test and follow up when I have time.

--
David Maxwell, david@vex.net|david@maxwell.net --> Mastery of UNIX, like
mastery of language, offers real freedom. The price of freedom is always dear,