Subject: Re: Printing too slow
To: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
From: Roger Brooks <R.S.Brooks@liverpool.ac.uk>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/1999 10:27:02
On Wed, 15 Sep 1999 Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it wrote:

>I use the same printer and had the same problem.  It turned out to be a
>problem
>with the interrupt driven device driver for the printer (or, maybe, with
>the printer
>firmware).  I solved it using the lpa0 (polled) device in /etc/printcap
>instead of lpt0.
>Now it works fine both for text mode and Ghostscript.

It might be worth you checking for shared interrupts.  I had a similar
problem, and found that Plug'n'Pray had set up a 509B ethernet card to
share IRQ7 with lpt0.  I wasn't actually using the 509B (I'd bought it
cheap at a fair and shoved it in the machine to test it).  When I removed
it, the interrupt-driven printer device started working properly.

Roger

Roger Brooks (Systems Programmer),          |  Email: R.S.Brooks@liv.ac.uk
Computing Services Dept,                    |  Tel:   +44 151 794 4441
The University of Liverpool,                |  Fax:   +44 151 794 4442
PO Box 147, Liverpool L69 3BX, UK           |