Subject: Re: Printing too slow
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: None <Federico_Lupi@www.datasys.it>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/15/1999 09:46:00
> Has anyone successfully used a HP DeskJet 660 printer with NetBSD?  My
> configuration appears to be okay, but when I tried to print a test page,
it
> takes nearly forever for the printer to produce anything.  Right now,
I've
> got about 1/2 inch of print for a job that was started 40 minutes ago.

I use the same printer and had the same problem.  It turned out to be a
problem
with the interrupt driven device driver for the printer (or, maybe, with
the printer
firmware).  I solved it using the lpa0 (polled) device in /etc/printcap
instead of lpt0.
Now it works fine both for text mode and Ghostscript.

Regards,
Federico Lupi