Subject: Re: HOWTO's
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Christos Zoulas <christos@zoulas.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/13/1999 14:30:28
In article <Pine.NEB.4.10.9909120115120.4676-100000@pequod.autogear.net>,
George Sollish <gsollish@mail.gisco.net> wrote:
>So far I am very impressed with my (modest) exposure to NetBSD and the
>help available over this list.  But I am probably more challenged by it
>than I would be if there were a central format and location for basic
>information like setting up VT's and linux emulation.  Powerful and
>obscure aren't necessary companions.
>
>Is there any project to place these basic items in a single location?
>
>How does one get linux or freebsd binaries to run?

You can use man -k linux and man -k freebsd and man -k console...
But the documentation is probably not great at places. For the
linux/freebsd compat there is a package you can install in our
packages collection (in /usr/pkgsrc/emulators{freebsd*,linux*}.
For the vt stuff, you need to build a kernel with wscons support.

christo