Subject: Re: PDF Reader (or, how does OS emulation work?)
To: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
From: Michael G. Schabert <mikeride@prez.org>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/1999 19:13:14
>At 03:39 pm 9/12/99 +0200, Rene Hexel <rh@vip.at> wrote:
>>
>>  If you have a fairly recent pkgsrc
>???
>> you should find it in print/acroread.
>
>I don't know what the heck this pkgsrc is supposed to be, but I found the
>Acrobat Reader patch in
>"/pub/NetBSD/packages/pkgsrc/print/acroread/files/acroread.diff", and that
>did the trick.  It works great!  Thanks for the lead.
>
>(IMHO, somebody ought to add a link to this patch in the relevant
>README.html listings.)

Ummm, you really need to read up on the Package system. It does everything
that you need for you automagically. You shouln't ever need to go into the
diff files yourself. It's similar to the Redhat's RPM system, in that you
can just go into a directory, type make install, & it'll download
everything you need, patch it all up for you & install it. It'll install
any dependancies automatically.

Check out http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/software/packages.html

HTH
Mike