Subject: Re: very low sound...
To: None <netbsd-help@netbsd.org>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/12/1999 10:35:15
At 08:09 pm 9/10/99 +0200, Reinoud Koornstra <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
wrote:
>I have an soundblaster awe 64.
>It is supported by the generic kernel.
>I installed mpg123 and i can run mp3 files and i can hear them...
>But..... very very softly!
>I have to put the sound full on to hear it.

Okay, I don't like vague answers very much, so here's what I did to fix the
problem: Add the following lines to your /etc/rc.local file:

mixerctl -w inputs.dac=160,160 outputs.output=255,255 outputs.master=255,255
audioctl -w play.gain=240

(Warning: do not set inputs.dac too high, or your audio will be distorted
and sound scratchy.)

Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown