Subject: PDF Reader (or, how does OS emulation work?)
To: None <netbsd-help@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Trevin Beattie <trevin@xmission.com>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/11/1999 21:19:37
I'd like to get a PDF viewer for NetBSD-i386, preferably Adobe Acrobat
Reader.  (GhostView is not an option; the results look ugly, and it doesn't
have hyperlinks or bookmarks.)  Since Adobe doesn't provide Acrobat Reader
for any BSD system, I tried the Linux version.

The problem with the Linux program is that when I try to run the binary, it
tells me "acroread: can't load library 'libreadcore.so'".  But ldd claims
that acroread is not a dynamic executable.  I installed the Linux
compatibility library from NetBSD's package collection and ran ldconfig
with all the new library directories, but acroread still couldn't load the
required libraries.

Is there any way to get this program to run?

Trevin Beattie          "Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards,
trevin@xmission.com     for you are crunchy and good with ketchup."
      {:->                                     --unknown