Subject: Re: fat32 off of a extendended parttion.
To: Dale Phillips <dp@lore.org>
From: Michael Richardson <mcr@sandelman.ottawa.on.ca>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/10/1999 17:52:55
    Dale> Does anyone know where this is doc'd or can it be done?

    Dale> I managed to get the primary partition mounted just fine. secondary
    Dale> with a single logical drive I am not sure about.

    Dale> http://www.netbsd.org/Ports/i386/faq.html#msdos_partition

  Basically, you need to arrange for the NetBSD "slice" that overlays
the Extended Partition to start 1 head past the beginning of the extended
partition. E.g. if you have 63 sectors/head, then start it 63 sectors after
the start of the extended partition. Same thing for Linux partitions in
an extended partition.

]      Out and about in Ottawa.    hmmm... beer.                |  firewalls  [