Subject: Re: time isnt right.....
To: None <Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl>
From: Christoph Badura <bad@oreilly.de>
List: netbsd-help
Date: 09/09/1999 16:35:59
Reinoud.Koornstra@ibbnet.nl (Reinoud Koornstra) writes:
>I changed now several times my time in the bios.
>Then i booted netbsd and set the right date and time with "date"
>However, everytime i boot netbsd again, even if the bios time is correct,
>the netbsd time isnt correct....

I assume your CMOS clock is using local time instead of UTC.  Compile
a kernel with the appropriate RTC_OFFSET configured.  options(4) explains
RTC_OFFSET.

>Oh yes and i see PDT with the time zone.
>But i have CET time zone. How to change that?

rm -f /etc/localtime; ln -s /usr/share/zoneinfo/MET /etc/localtime
--
Christoph Badura					www.netbsd.org

	Anything that can be done in O(N) can be done in O(N^2).
	-- Ralf Schuettau (after looking at a particular piece of code)